I was a bundle of nerves this morning when stepping on to the scales. Not only was it the final weigh in day for Round 1 of the 12WBT but I didn't have a great week with my nutrition or exercise. I was pleasantly surprised to see 82 flash up on the scales, that's 1 kilo less than last week. I must not have been as bad as I thought I had!
Looking back on all that happened in Round 1, no one (except maybe Mish) would have blamed me if I gave up. I had setback after setback starting with major surgery in Week 2 to have my gall bladder removed. I was unable to exercise for 2 weeks and then when I did go back to the gym I could only do light activities. In Week 5 I discovered I had shin splints which limited the training I could do. In Week 7 after giving swimming a go to ease the pressure on my shins, I obtained an ear infection. Then, in Week 9, I was sent to emergency after I had been getting severe sudden onset of pain in my head 3 days in a row when exercising and was told to rest for 1 week. Before starting the 12WBT I would have given up over something as small as a sniffly nose so I'm glad that although my body was letting me down, my mind was strong enough to push through.
How did I do it?
- Revisited the goals I had set for myself in pre-season
- Reminded myself of why I joined the 12WBT in the first place
- Thought back to how it felt to see that I'd lost weight when I jumped on the scales
- Posted in the South West Sydney Facebook group for support
- And most importantly, I just switched off my brain and JUST FRICKEN DID IT
What's next? Pre season for Round 2 officially starts on Monday 7th May and Mish will release two tasks a week until 4th June when Round 2 officially kicks off. Although I am aware of what these tasks are likely to be as I did them all before Round 1, I am going to commit 100% to them and complete them all over again. Why do something I've already done? Because, I truly believe that if it wasn't for the pre-season tasks, I wouldn't have made it through Round 1 and been so successful.
So, whilst this Round 1 has come to an end, I'm certainly not finished. In fact, it's only the beginning for me! I have already started thinking about what I want to achieve in the next round and how I'm going to get there. WATCH THIS SPACE!
Bye for now,
Danni
x

No comments:
Post a Comment